CLEMSON, S.C. — During his weekly teleconference call with the media on Sunday night, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said his team is perhaps the healthiest it has been all year.
After No. 4 Clemson released its depth chart Monday afternoon in anticipation of Saturday’s trip to Florida State, that seems to be the case. The Tigers depth chart revealed the possible return of several key players on the defensive side of the football.
Of course, nothing is official until Saturday. However, here is what the depth chart revealed.
- Defensive tackle Bryan Bresee is listed as a co-starter. The All-American candidate has missed he last two games with a kidney infection.
- Defensive end Xavier Thomas is also listed as a c0-starter. The ACC’s Defensive lineman of the week returned in last week’s win at Boston College, but he played just six snaps.
- Cornerback Sheridan Jones is listed as a co-starter as well. He has missed the last three games after suffering an injury against Louisiana Tech last month.
- Safety Tyler Venables is listed as co-starter at free safety. He missed last week’s game after suffering a concussion in a moped accident last week.
- Safety R.J. Mickens is also listed on the two-deep. He did not make the trip to Boston College last week.
“I think we are in pretty good shape,” Swinney said. “(Boston College) was another physical game, but you always have some guys that got some general stuff, but I think we are in a pretty good spot and should, hopefully be, unless something crazy happens in practice, as close to full strength as we have been probably all year.”