CLEMSON, S.C. – The fifth-ranked Clemson Tigers head to Winston-Salem, N.C. today to face No. 21 Wake Forest.
Today’s game will be one of just three between two teams ranked in this week’s Associated Press Top 25. It will also be just the third matchup in the 88-year history of the series that Clemson and Wake Forest both come into the game ranked.
Clemson has a 29-1 record against Wake Forest when being ranked, including 28 straight wins. The Demon Deacons have lost 62 straight games against AP Top 10 opponents.
The Tigers (3-0, 1-0 ACC) and Deacons (3-0, 0-0 ACC) have not played against each other as ranked opponents since 1950.
Here are a few things you need to know about Saturday’s game.
Opponent: No. 21 Wake Forest
Latest Line: Clemson minus-7.5
All-Time Series: Clemson leads 69-17-1
Games at Clemson: Clemson leads 40-7
Games at Wake: Clemson leads 26-10-1
Neutral Site: Clemson leads 3-0
Last Meeting: Clemson won 48-27 in 2021
Series Streak: Clemson has won 13 in a row
- Clemson owns 69 all-time wins over Wake Forest, its second-highest victory total against any opponent (72 wins vs. South Carolina).
- Clemson has a 59-9-1 lead in the series since the formation of the ACC in 1953, an .862 winning percentage.
- Clemson has played Wake Forest in football 70 consecutive years, as the last year the two schools did not play was 1952.
- Clemson has won 13 in a row in the series, all under head coach Dabo Swinney, by a combined score of 527-167. That represents an average victory margin of 27.7 points, and Clemson has scored at least 28 points in all 13 games.
- Clemson has beat the Demon Deacons like no one else since Dave Clawson became their head coach in 2014. The Tigers are not only 8-0 in those meeting, but they have beaten Wake Forest by an average score of 41-13.
- The Demon Deacons have averaged just 236.8 yards of total offense, including just 70.3 yards on the ground. On 290 carries, they are averaging just 1.9 yards per carry.
- Clemson’s 13-game win streak in the series is the second longest against Wake Forest. The Tigers beat Wake 15 straight times from 1977-’91.
- Clemson has recorded three winning streaks of 10 or more games against Wake Forest in comparison to a combined five 10-game streaks against all other opponents (Furman, Virginia, The Citadel, Presbyterian and Boston College).
- Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney has a 32-3 all-time record against teams from the state of North Carolina.
—Clemson Athletic Communications contributed to this story